TalkingNutrition.dsm.com Celebrates Third Anniversary
Three years ago, at IFT10, TalkingNutrition.dsm.com was launched. After a year of blogging experience on the DSM intranet, behind the firewall, an innovative management team approved the establishment of the TalkingNutrition blog to communicate and shape conversations surrounding new advances in nutrition science. Within a year, twitter and facebook were engaged to facilitate communications.
Our goal is to add context to emerging science. At DSM Nutritional Products, we believe nutrition guidance and habits should be established by the totality of the evidence, not a single study. Through TalkingNutrition.dsm.com we strive to summarize new studies, often within hours of release, provide links to the scientific abstract and other relevant information. Through @DSMNutrition, we share important messages from key opinion leaders. And TalkingNutrition.dsm.com posts a blog almost every working day, every week, and every month. Looking through our archives, here are our most read blogs (in descending order):
- How can Pizza Influence the Activity of Your Brain?
- Increase Vitamin E when Following Diet Recommendations
- Eating Vegetarian is Healthy, But Mind the Nutrients
- Iron and Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Cognition in School-Aged Children
And as bloggers, we have personal favorites:
- Hey Popeye, Golden Rice is a Better Vitamin Source than Spinach!
- Can Vitamin B12 Injections Help Give You Energy or Help You to Lose Weight?
- Resveratrol: Testing Nutrients Under Metabolically Receptive Conditions
- Micronutrient Intake, Occupy Wall Street, and Presidential Elections
Change is constant. New research is published every day. TalkingNutrition.dsm.com does not issue company statements. TalkingNutrition.dsm.com is DSM Nutritional Products’ commitment to sharing new science and discussing its relevancy and impact. Within the next month, TalkingNutrition.dsm.com will be migrating to a new platform which will enable followers to subscribe to receive email updates. We hope this will make our content more accessible.