Biological Sciences, Analytical Sciences
I am currently working on...
The application of enzymes and microbes in industrial processes, and progressing our molecular understanding of their fundamental biochemical principles.
The aspect of my work that excites and inspires me the most is...
Advancing our molecular insights to create new biotech solutions that meet customer and societal needs.
The breakthrough I would most like to see made in my field is...
Understanding life on a molecular level to unlock the unlimited innovation potential of biotechnology…but I’m afraid that many game-changing events need to happen before this happens.
Key areas of expertise:
- Industrial enzyme applications
- (Protein) biochemistry and enzyme technology
- Enzyme development, design and production
- Scale-up of biocatalytic (biotransformation) processes
- Ph.D., Evolutionary relationship of cyclic amidases, University of Stuttgart (Germany)
- Postdoc, California Institute of Technology (USA)
I represent DSM externally at:
- BE-BASIC Foundation – member of Partner Assembly
- Topconsortia voor Kennis en Innovatie (TKI) – Chair of Chemistry of Life Program Council
Delft, the Netherlands