Getting it right first time, every time
Project management is all about getting it right first time – which means establishing close relationships with our customers early and remaining focused on achieving maximum consistency and quality of goods at minimum cost.
The biggest advantage we offer customers is the fact that DSM is a virtual one-stop-shop.
With so many processes, technologies and experts under one roof we remove much of the risk and uncertainty that can happen when you outsource to multiple subcontractors.
It’s all about efficiency. Specifically:
- One manager for the whole project from process development to manufacturing handover to keep timely coordination and communication between our scientists, technicians and operatives saving costly project delays
- Clearly defined upfront costs and timelines for all process development of enzymes and metabolites based on our high standards – which means getting it ‘right first time’
- Access to key technicians and scientists to prevent information bottlenecks that can cause wasted error correction or process modification
- Milestone meetings to decide whether we can move on to the next step, whether we should redirect the project and whether what we’ve learned affects our targets
- Open innovation: We work with you as a partner to solve issues in the most efficient manner. So we’ll let you know if there seems to be a problem developing rather than making own, potentially expensive second-guesses
- A constant eye on changing goals that might change such as speed or robustness and the quick application of expertise to alter the program
- Involvement throughout of the manufacturing plant at development and thorough participation of scientists at fermentation stage, minimizing ‘unpleasant surprises’, such as the cost of waste management or poorly trained plant operatives