Higher oil yield. We make it happen!
As demand for seed-based oils continues to surge around the world so too does the need for a solution that extracts the maximum goodness from the raw materials. Enter Purifine® phospholipase (PLC) from DSM - a unique degumming enzyme that could transform your oilseed crushing and refining operations. Higher oil yield, we make it happen!
If you’re looking to increases yield, and profitability in the crushing and refining operations of oilseeds then look no further than Purifine®.
This enzyme-based degumming solution helps you trigger more efficient extraction of seed oils like soya, canola and sunflower - with proven higher yields compared to traditional methods like water degumming (as well as other enzyme-based solutions).
Purifine® has become the industry standard - trusted by many manufacturers around the world to improve the bottom line of their operations. Every day Purifine® provides the reliable degumming performance they need, regardless of the season, plant throughput or crop quality.
So how exactly can Purifine® help your business? This degumming enzyme:
- is proven to increase yield of degummed and refined seed oils by up to 2%;
- is specially developed for processing high phosphorus oils;
- can be easily refined to exceed standard quality specifications;
- reduces oil losses and soap stock formation;
- provides fast Return on Investment with the initial implementation cost quickly recouped through your increase in yield;
- is easily integrated into your current refining operations, which means limited investment.
And of course this is all supported by our global team of experts. We not only understand the science, but also your crushing and refining operations and the wider market challenges you face. Which is why we offer you a global network of field technical support and application scientists who will help you to make it happen!
The key to Purifine® is its ability to convert phospholipids to oil more efficiently than traditional processes.
A close look at phospholipids: Phospholipids in oil reduce the separation efficiency of the oil and water (gum) phases (phospholipids contain an oil soluble backbone and a water soluble ‘head group’).
Hydration of phospholipids: Adding water to crude vegetable oil ‘hydrates’ the phospholipids: The molecules move to the gap between the oil and water, holding them together as an emulsion or gum.
Oil yield loss: After centrifugation, neutral oil (triacylglycerol) is entrained with the intact phospholipids. The entrained neutral oil represents a yield loss during degumming.
Purifine® specificity: Separates the oil from the water (diacylglycerol).
- Higher yield: Dramatically reduces the volume and emulsifying properties of the gum, leading to:
- Less oil lost in the gum fraction
- An extra boost to your oil yield by capturing 1,2-diacylglycerol in the oil phase.
Higher oil yield with Purifine®. It’s true bright science in action.