Quali®-A (vitamin A)
DSM is a leading provider of vitamin A – in a variety of formats.
Vitamin A is a group of fat-soluble compounds that fit into two categories, depending on whether the food source is an animal or plant:
- Vitamin A found in foods that come from animals and is called ‘preformed vitamin A’ or ‘retinol’; it's one of the most active forms of vitamin A
- Vitamin A found in fruits and vegetables is called ‘provitamin A carotenoid’, which can be cleaved into retinol in the body; the carotenoid ‘beta-carotene’ is most efficiently converted into retinol, making it an important vitamin A.
Vitamin A (retinol) intake is essential for:
- Better vision (especially night vision)
- Growth and development – it’s involved in the genetic regulation of cell and tissue formation, programming, and communication needed for reproduction; and for the proper development of the embryo in the womb
- Immune function – it helps to protect against infections by ensuring the effectiveness of mechanical barriers (like skin), and increasing the production and efficacy of protective cells (eg lymphocytes)
- Male and female reproductive organs.
We produce Vitamin A crystalline API. We also produce the most comprehensive portfolio of acetate and palmitate oily and dry forms suitable for all pharma and food applications.