CarboSil® Thermoplastic Silicone-Polycarbonate-urethane (TSPCU)
CarboSil® TSPCU is a ground-breaking copolymer that combines the biocompatibility and biostability of conventional silicone elastomers with the processability and toughness of thermoplastic polycarbonate-urethanes. The silicone soft segment works synergistically with polycarbonate-based polyurethanes to improve in vitro and in vivo stability.
CarboSil® TSPCU is well suited to devices challenged by oxidative degradation.
- Biostability and biocompatibility
- Adaptable to many different processing techniques
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Customizable with SME® technology utilizing surface modifying end groups
- FDA Master File
- Cardiovascular electrostimulation lead insulation
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Drug eluting stents
- Neurovascular electrostimulation lead insulation
- Orthopedic implants