Outsourced molecular imaging: Under the microscope
A design-driven approach
Our work on molecular imaging is based on the latest design-driven approach and increasingly covers not only the composition of molecules in materials, but their organization.
Through faster and more efficient analysis of crystallization and the organization of the different constituents we give customers a far clearer insight into the relationship between chemical composition and mesoscopic properties.
Solving real analytical problems
Just two ways that our macromolecular capabilities have helped customers…
- Identifying surface property defects in materials: In order to help our customer better understand the distribution and organization of substances in (bio)materials and how they caused defects we used imaging and spectroscopic techniques including IR, MS, EDX, MRI, and UV-VIS.
- Analyzing electrical ‘shorts’ in electronic devices: The electronic components produced by our customer were suffering shorts, leading to a higher reject rate. By using elemental mapping - specifically, microphobe-EDXRF analysis - we identified the probable causes.
Analytical science competences
Morphology covers our ability to characterize the spatial assemblies of molecules. It answers the universal question that all customers ask, no matter what the industry or application: “What does the surface or interface of my product look like? Which (macro) molecules are present, and how are they organized?”
Morphology - Electron Microscopy – cryo-wet SEM (VERSA -3D)/EDX, TEM (Osiris), Cryo TEM (UM), STEM-EDX. Xray-Scattering (tensile stage - SAXS, WAXS, XRPD,..), HR Optical Microscopy, Atomic Force Microscopy (Nano-IR), Solid State NMR (400 MHz – Melt probe), QCM, (confocal) Fluorescence Microscopy (UM), XPS (Outsourcing).
Molecular structures - SS- & L-NMR Spectroscopy (500, 600 & 700 MHz), HT & Meltprobe, FTIR & Raman spectro- & microscopy, UV-VIS microscopy, Fluorescence Microscopy, Ion Mobility Spectrometry, Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS), MALDI/ESI ASAP/EI/DCI, TOF-SIMS (Imaging) & MALDI Imaging
Molecular Structures covers our ability to identify and characterize molecules.
This means understanding the molecule and all the aspects of it; and knowing which technologies to apply, and how to integrate the data to describe it.
- SS- & L-NMR Spectroscopy (500, 600 & 700 MHz)
- HT & Meltprobe
- FTIR & Raman spectro- & microscopy
- UV-VIS microscopy
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- Ion Mobility Spectrometry
- Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS)
- MALDI/ESI ASAP/EI/DCI, TOF-SIMS (Imaging) & MALDI Imaging.