Dimitri de Vreeze
Member of the Board since September 2013
Dimitri joined DSM in 1990 in Finance in DSM Fine Chemicals. After several positions in Finance, he moved to the area of sales management and took on increasingly bigger roles, including that of Global Business Manager Sizing & Binders based in Italy. In 2002 he became Business Director Composite Resins Europe, based in Switzerland and built his career further in the DSM Resins & Functional Materials business group. Dimitri was Business Unit Director Coating Resins between 2005 and 2007 and Business Unit Director NeoResins between 2007 and 2010. In 2010, he became Business Group Director DSM Resins, building a strong team and delivering excellent performance in this business group.
Dimitri became a member of the Managing Board in September 2013. His current term will end in 2021.
Within DSM, Dimitri is responsible for DSM’s Materials cluster, consisting of DSM Engineering Plastics, DSM Dyneema and DSM Resins & Functional Materials. He also oversees DSM’s business in the Netherlands and Asia, and is responsible for Group Sourcing.
Supervisory directorships and other positions held:
- Chairman Supervisory Board DSM Netherlands
- Board member CEFIC (European Chemical Industry Council)
- Board member ChemicaInvest
- Board member “Fonds voor de topsport” (NOC*NSF; Dutch Olympic Committee Fund for top sport)
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Sanquin
- Member Advisory Board ECP (Electronic Commerce Platform Netherlands)
- Board member Young Captain Foundation
- Member of the WEF (World Economic Forum's) Global Future Council on Advanced Materials