DSM maintains positive momentum in challenging markets
- DSM records 27% higher Q3 EBITDA compared to Q3 2012 (€342 million versus €270 million)
- Life Sciences EBITDA up 23% from Q3 2012
- Materials Sciences EBITDA up 27% from Q3 2012
- Q3 cash flow from operating activities €310 million, higher than Q3 2012
- Core Earnings per Share Q3 2013 up 28% from Q3 2012
- Outlook full year 2013 unchanged
Royal DSM, the Life Sciences and Materials Sciences company, today reported a third quarter EBITDA of €342 million compared to €270 million in Q3 2012. This improvement of 27% was realized despite an ongoing challenging macro-economic environment.
Commenting on the results, Feike Sijbesma, CEO/Chairman of the DSM Managing Board, said: “I am pleased to report increased profitability in all our business clusters despite the initial impact from adverse currency movements and a continued challenging macro-economic environment. Nutrition continued its good performance notwithstanding some headwinds that emerged towards the end of Q3. Materials Sciences also delivered solid performance with higher profits.
Our focus remains on the full integration of acquisitions and delivery of synergies, which together with continued success in our wide-ranging Profit Improvement Program will help improve DSM’s returns. Current trading conditions are similar to those experienced at the end of Q3, while foreign exchange rates deteriorated. Nevertheless, we are firmly on track to deliver a significant increase in EBITDA for the full year. The 2013 outlook given at our Capital Markets Day remains unchanged.”