DSM experts appointed to December 2014 Innovation Partnering Conference, ‘Connecting Bright Innovations II’
The half-day Learning Academy is designed to open a dialogue with attendees and share how DSM collaborates with Universities, small businesses at all stages of the supply chain, works to co-develop products, and invests in startups with innovative human health and nutrition solutions. The speakers, senior DSM executives from R&D, Innovation, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory and DSM Venturing include:
- Rob Beudeker, Vice President Innovation Human Nutrition & Health: 'The DSM Innovation Process and Strategy for Portfolio Optimization'
- Krijn Rietveld, Senior Vice President of Innovation and R&D: 'How R&D and Innovation Work Together at DSM'
- Gerhard Gans, Director of Global Regulatory Affairs: 'How to Develop a Global Regulatory Strategy for New Ingredients'
- Wouter Claerhout, Vice President of Global Marketing, DSM Nutritional Products: 'Taking a New Product To Launch'
- Ian Freelance, Senior Investment Manager of DSM Venturing: 'The DSM Investment Process, Criteria and Post-Investment Collaboration'
The Learning Academy will be followed by business plan presentations by each invited institution 20 minute presentations followed by 20 minutes of discussion with senior DSM executives, scientists and the Venturing team.
Each presenter will be assigned a mentor from Nutrition Capital Network (NCN) and DSM to help develop their presentation prior to the conference. Post-event mentoring from a DSM executive will be available on a case-by-case basis, and all selected candidates will be considered for an investment by DSM Venturing or for another type of collaboration with DSM Nutritional Products Human Nutrition & Health. A selection committee of DSM and NCN executives will determine which companies are invited.
DSM is seeking entries for innovative technologies and products in the following areas:
- Memory enhancing ingredients
- Cognition enhancing ingredients for children
- Ingredients providing sustained energy benefits
- Blood glucose lowering ingredients
- New fibers with digestive health benefits
- Natural colorants and natural antioxidants
- Dietary solutions for food intolerances (e.g., for fructose, salicylates, etc.) and allergies
- Disruptive formulation technologies for micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, PUFAs, phytonutrients, dietary enzymes)
- Non-invasive diagnostics to assess levels of micronutrients in the human body
DSM is accepting applications until 30 October 2014.
The conference, held at DSM Nutritional Products Europe’s Regional Head Office in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland, is sponsored by DSM’s Nutritional Products Human Nutrition & Health unit. Between six and ten presenters will be selected from universities, university spin-outs, government research programs, early stage companies or other technology developers who submit applications to DSM’s screening committee. Finalists will be announced by 14 November 2014 and invited to the conference. The application process is free and DSM will provide hotel accommodations for the selected participants. Other travel arrangements will be the responsibility of the conference attendees.