To offer a drop-in solution to overcome the PA66 shortage, we developed an alternative material: The Akulon® IG series is a portfolio of material grades made by combining the strength of PA6 and PA46 – two materials that are fully independent of the Adiponitrile/hexamethyldiamine supply.
You’re Invited to Attend the Advanced Materials Forum Europe, April 23
We are less than two months away from DSM’s Advanced Materials Forum (AMF) Europe on Thursday, April 23, 2020. We are very excited to offer you the opportunity to attend this free 100% online event.
AMF Europe will gather the brightest minds from the automotive and electronics communities to give you the latest application insights and best practices in the industry, along with the latest innovations and advancements.
Last year, we came up with the concept of AMF Europe — to create an innovative virtual event that is convenient and cost-effective for you. We understand that you have a jampacked calendar, and many industry professionals simply do not have the time to travel to conferences, let alone fit them into their busy schedules.
The beauty of attending AMF is that you can access the event from your office, home computer or anywhere there is a WIFI connection. There is no air travel or hotel accommodations to offset, nor any plastic cups or silver wear to throw away after the event. Not only is AMF easily accessible, it is sustainable too!
Latest innovations & best practices
The online event features education-building resources, including sessions targeting three tracks: Material Science, Material Trends and Industry Applications. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the latest innovations in sustainability initiatives, bio-based plastics, automotive lightweighting, additive manufacturing and so much more. You will hear from industry veterans that have seen it all and get their perspective on the future of the materials science industry.
You can choose to attend sessions from different tracks, or pick out one of these specific tracks to attend:
Material Science Track: Gain the latest insights in polymer science best practices from DSM’s global team of material scientists. Session topics include:
- Sustainable Mobility, Connectivity, Safety and EMI Shielding
- Understanding Why and How Thermoplastics React to Liquids in Automotive Applications
- Hydrogen: A Scientific Approach to Working with Safety and Reliability Concerns
- Lightweighting: Optimizing Part Design via Reliable Lifetime Prediction of Thermoplastic Materials
Material Trends Track: Engineering plastics is a complex industry that’s constantly evolving. Learn from industry veterans and get their perspective on the future of the industry. Session topics include:
- A Realistic Roadmap for Sustainable Post-Consumer Plastics Recycling
- Future of Mobility
- Large-Scale 3D Printing of Engineering Materials: PBT Powder Sintering
- Next-gen Materials Enable OEMs to Devlop Safer, Cleaner and Smarter Vehicles
- On the Road with High Voltage
Industry Applications Track: Learn how we are working with automotive, electronics, and industrial customers to drive innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges. Session topics include:
- Overcoming Material Challenges in New E-Mobility Electrical Systems, and E-motor and Connector Designs
- Material Solutions for Automotive Air Management Applications
- PA46 Stanyl in Gears—Expanding to Low Temperature Applications
- Trends and Developments in Automotive Thermal Management Systems
- Advanced Thermoplastic Composites—Expanding Functionality of Fiber-Reinforced Thermoplastic Materials in Industry
- Safe for Use and Sustainability Trends in Food and Water Contact Applications
- Pushing the Boundaries of Metal Replacement with High Tg Engineering Materials
- Making and Breaking the Electrical Power Distribution
Who should attend?
Senior engineering and design leaders in Europe seeking to improve automotive, electronics, electrical and industrial applications through material science innovation are encouraged to attend AMF. Engineers and designers looking to learn about innovative materials solutions that can be applied to applications in the above-mentioned industry sectors are also welcomed to attend this virtual forum.
If you have any questions about the event, please visit the Advanced Materials Forum Europe website.
Advanced Materials Forum—Register today to attend this 100% online forum
Two-wheeler technical know-how: DSM’s materials provide strength & durability that electric scooters need
A number of e-scooter components require specialized materials to ensure safe and reliable performance. DSM’s portfolio includes materials designed to meet the specific needs of these applications.
Building a more sustainable high-performance tire
DSM's Arnitel family of thermoplastic elastomers is helping tire manufacturers "reinvent the wheel" by developing non-pneumatic tires.