To offer a drop-in solution to overcome the PA66 shortage, we developed an alternative material: The Akulon® IG series is a portfolio of material grades made by combining the strength of PA6 and PA46 – two materials that are fully independent of the Adiponitrile/hexamethyldiamine supply.
Helping you stay up to date on material solutions while working from home
Sign up for one or more mini-webinars to stay abreast of application solutions and best practices
Many companies and organizations, including DSM, have taken pro-active steps to decrease the spread of COVID-19—employees with the ability to work from home are doing so. We are all learning new and improved ways to conduct business from our home offices, dining room tables and dens.
It is quite remarkable how technology enables us to work remotely, and DSM Engineering Materials is now offering mini-webinars for you to attend while working from home. These webinars will inform you about recent applications and best practices in the automotive, E&E, consumer goods industries, and more. You can choose to attend one mini-webinar or all of them. You will also have the opportunity to ask the presenter—a subject matter expert—questions at the conclusion of the webinar.
Below is the topic schedule (please click on the title of the webinar to register for it):
- Fatigue life prediction of injection moulded short glass fiber reinforced plastics – April 22, 3PM CET
- Presenter: Marc Kanters, Research Scientist for DSM Ahead’s Material Science Center
- Advanced Materials Forum – April 23, All day event
- Presenter: Various
- Understanding why and how thermoplastics react to automotive fluids – April 24, 3PM CET
- Presenter: Yansen Lauw, Group Lead for DSM Materials Science Center
- Improving Front End Accessory Drive Performance – April 27, 3PM CET
- Presenter: Jippe van Ruiten, Advanced Development Manager – ICE Efficiency and Emissions
- Fused filament fabrication vs Fused granulate fabrication (pellet printing) – April 28, 3PM CET
- Presenter: JuggerBot 3D and DSM Additive Manufacturing
- Pushing the boundaries of metal replacement in non-automotive markets – April 29, 3PM CET
- Presenter: Jinish Doshi, Application Development Engineer for DSM Engineering Materials
- Predicting wear for high performance plastic gears – April 30, 3PM CET
- Presenter: Benjamin van Wissen, CAE Engineering/Associate Scientist for DSM Materials Science Center
If you have any questions about the webinars or to learn more about DSM’s advanced materials solutions, contact us.
Two-wheeler technical know-how: DSM’s materials provide strength & durability that electric scooters need
A number of e-scooter components require specialized materials to ensure safe and reliable performance. DSM’s portfolio includes materials designed to meet the specific needs of these applications.
Building a more sustainable high-performance tire
DSM's Arnitel family of thermoplastic elastomers is helping tire manufacturers "reinvent the wheel" by developing non-pneumatic tires.