To offer a drop-in solution to overcome the PA66 shortage, we developed an alternative material: The Akulon® IG series is a portfolio of material grades made by combining the strength of PA6 and PA46 – two materials that are fully independent of the Adiponitrile/hexamethyldiamine supply.
Register Now: Advanced Materials Forum India & Southeast Asia on 25 June
Learn about the latest advanced materials innovations via this complimentary full-day online event
We are two weeks away from DSM’s Advanced Materials Forum (AMF) India and Southeast Asia. We are very excited to offer you the opportunity to attend this free 100% online event on Thursday, June 25.
The AMF India and Southeast Asia will gather the brightest minds in materials science to give you the latest best practices and applications insights in the industry, along with cutting-edge innovations and advancements.
Given that many of you are staying at home due to the Coronavirus, we understand that you still want the opportunity to stay up to date and current on material science, applications and trends. Plus, this online event is not only convenient and cost-effective for you, it is sustainable too! The beauty of AMF India and Southeast Asia is that you can access the event from your home-office computer or anywhere there is a WIFI connection.
Latest innovations & best practices
The online event features education-building resources, including sessions targeting three tracks: Material Science, Material Trends and Industry Applications. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the latest innovations in sustainability initiatives, bio-based plastics, automotive lightweighting and more. You will hear from industry veterans that have seen it all and get their perspective on the future of the materials science industry.
You can choose to attend sessions from different tracks:
Material Science Track: Gain the latest insights in polymer science best practices from DSM’s global team of material scientists. Session topics include:
- Sustainable Mobility, Connectivity, Safety and EMI Shielding
- Understanding Why and How Thermoplastics React to Liquids in Automotive Applications
- Lightweighting: Optimizing Part Design via Reliable Lifetime Prediction of Thermoplastic Materials
Material Trends Track: Engineering plastics is a complex industry that’s constantly evolving. Learn from industry experts and get their perspective on the future of the industry. Session topics include:
- Trends and Developments in Automotive Thermal Management Systems
- Safe for Use and Sustainability Trends in Food and Water Contact Applications
- Future of Mobility
- Large-Scale 3D Printing of Engineering Materials: PBT Powder Sintering
- Next-gen Materials Enable OEMs to Develop Safer, Cleaner and Smarter Vehicles
- On the Road with High Voltage
Industry Applications Track: Learn how we are working with automotive, electronics, and industrial customers to drive innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges. Session topics include:
- Overcoming Material Challenges in New E-Mobility Electrical Systems, and E-motor and Connector Designs
- Material Solutions for Automotive Air Management Applications
- PA46 Stanyl in Gears—Expanding to Low Temperature Applications
- Advanced Thermoplastic Composites—Expanding Functionality of Fiber-Reinforced Thermoplastic Materials in Industry
- DSM Material Solutions for Consumer Goods
- Materials Solution for Challenging Technology in Two wheelers
- Pushing the Boundaries of Metal Replacement with High Tg Engineering Materials
- Making and Breaking the Electrical Power Distribution
Who should attend?
Senior engineering and design leaders in India and Southeast Asia seeking to improve automotive, electronics, electrical, consumer and industrial applications through material science innovation are encouraged to attend AMF. Engineers and designers looking to learn about innovative materials solutions that can be applied to applications in the above-mentioned industry sectors are also welcomed to join this virtual forum.
To be part of this unique event, please visit our registration page and sign-up! We look forward to seeing you at the virtual forum in two weeks!
Two-wheeler technical know-how: DSM’s materials provide strength & durability that electric scooters need
A number of e-scooter components require specialized materials to ensure safe and reliable performance. DSM’s portfolio includes materials designed to meet the specific needs of these applications.
Building a more sustainable high-performance tire
DSM's Arnitel family of thermoplastic elastomers is helping tire manufacturers "reinvent the wheel" by developing non-pneumatic tires.