To offer a drop-in solution to overcome the PA66 shortage, we developed an alternative material: The Akulon® IG series is a portfolio of material grades made by combining the strength of PA6 and PA46 – two materials that are fully independent of the Adiponitrile/hexamethyldiamine supply.
Top 5 exciting things to do at K 2019
We are a few days away from K 2019–the world’s premier fair for the plastics and rubber industry—in Düsseldorf, Germany, Oct. 16-23. This year, K 2019 is focusing on Plastics for Sustainable Development, Systems Integration, and Plastics Industry 4.0. As a K 2019 exhibitor, we are focusing on plastics for sustainable development and showcasing present and future sustainable material solutions, plus much more, under the theme of “Bright Science. Brighter Living.”
Since K 2019 is the premier fair for the plastics and rubber industry, there are more than 3,000 international exhibitors at the fair, along with hundreds of thousands of industry professionals attending the event. It can be daunting to decide what booths to visit, seminars to attend and tours to go on.
Here we highlight our top five exciting things to do while attending K 2019:
1. Learn how DSM is tackling plastic pollution: Stop by our booth B11, in Hall 6, and see firsthand how DSM and Starboard, a surfboard company, came together to make surfboard components out of discarded nylon-based fishing nets. We will also make an exciting announcement about our upcoming sustainability roadmap initiative during the fair on Thursday, Oct. 17.
2. Attend a DSM tech seminar given by one of our material experts: We are offering live tech seminars on the latest insights and trends in high voltage EV systems, EMI shielding, thermal management, and safer connectors. Don’t miss out on learning about these trends in the automotive, electronics, and smart home appliance industries. Click here to reserve your seat to attend these tech seminars.
3. Explore metal replacements for EVs: The automotive industry is evolving quickly. With the growing demand for electric mobility, electromagnetic interference shielding, and thermal management, it is extremely important to deliver high-quality electronic systems. Stop by our booth and learn how our conductive plastics enable the replacement of full-metal enclosures. Also click here to register for the tech seminar “EMI Shielding with Plastic: future of metal replacement in electrical cars.”
4. Take a curated tour of K 2019: Join renowned author and materials design expert Chris Lefteri on his tour of emerging materials, processes and technologies that he believes will define future trends. He will discuss why his selection is relevant from a design standpoint and how he approaches materials scouting to build ecological, emotional, sensorial and functional values from plastics. Contact us to sign up for the tour.
5. Visit the Science Campus in Hall 7: This is where universities, colleges and scientific institutions will present their latest research results and insights into technology and solutions for the plastics and rubber industry. There will also be representatives from the schools and research facilities on hand to talk with interested students about careers in the plastics and rubber industry.
Thankfully K 2019 runs October 16-23, so you will have plenty of time to explore the world’s largest plastics and rubber fair. Also, make sure to visit us at K 2019—we are located in Hall 6, Booth B11.
Two-wheeler technical know-how: DSM’s materials provide strength & durability that electric scooters need
A number of e-scooter components require specialized materials to ensure safe and reliable performance. DSM’s portfolio includes materials designed to meet the specific needs of these applications.
Building a more sustainable high-performance tire
DSM's Arnitel family of thermoplastic elastomers is helping tire manufacturers "reinvent the wheel" by developing non-pneumatic tires.