To offer a drop-in solution to overcome the PA66 shortage, we developed an alternative material: The Akulon® IG series is a portfolio of material grades made by combining the strength of PA6 and PA46 – two materials that are fully independent of the Adiponitrile/hexamethyldiamine supply.
Helping you stay up to date on material solutions while working from home
Sign up for one or more mini-webinars to stay abreast of application solutions and best practices
Many companies and organizations, including DSM, have taken pro-active steps to decrease the spread of COVID-19—employees with the ability to work from home are doing so. We are all learning new and improved ways to conduct business from our home offices, dining room tables and dens.
It is quite remarkable how technology enables us to work remotely, and DSM Engineering Plastics is now offering mini-webinars for you to attend while working from home. These webinars will inform you about recent applications and best practices in the automotive, E&E, consumer goods industries, and more. You can choose to attend one mini-webinar or all of them. You will also have the opportunity to ask the presenter—a subject matter expert—questions at the conclusion of the webinar.
Below is the topic schedule (please click on the title of the webinar to register for it):
- Reducing Costs in High Speed Bearings, March 26
- Presenter: Bill Senge, Market Development Manager for DSM Engineering Plastics
- Material Solution for Medical Gowns Protects Against Diseases, March 27
- Presenter: Andre Oosterlaken, Marketing Development Manager for DSM Engineering Plastics
- Material Solutions for Robust Automotive Connectors, March 30
- Presenter: Ted Wieczorek, Product Manager for DSM Engineering Plastics
- Material Specification for Electrical Power Distribution, March 31
- Presenter: Rob Demandt, Senior Application Engineer for DSM Engineering Plastics
- Material Solutions Safe for Food Use and Contact, April 1
- Presenter: Pim Janssen, Market Development Manager for DSM Engineering Plastics
- Material Solutions for ICE Air Management Systems, April 2
- Presenter: Russell Bloomfield, General Technical Service Engineer for DSM Engineering Plastics
- Key Considerations: Replacing Metal with Advanced Thermoplastics, April 3
- Presenter: Ron Krotwaar, Application Development Manager at DSM Engineering Plastics
- Selecting Advanced Materials for Automotive Thermal Management Systems, April 6
- Presenter: Frans Souren, Project Director for DSM Engineering Plastics
- Sustainable Material Solutions for Shoe Soles, April 7
- Presenter: Armand Duijsens, Market Development Manager for DSM Engineering Plastics
- Advanced Material Selection Automotive Gears & Actuation, April 8
- Presenter: Martin Wolffs, Product Manager Europe for DSM Engineering Plastics
If you have any questions about the webinars or to learn more about DSM’s advanced materials solutions, contact us.
Two-wheeler technical know-how: DSM’s materials provide strength & durability that electric scooters need
A number of e-scooter components require specialized materials to ensure safe and reliable performance. DSM’s portfolio includes materials designed to meet the specific needs of these applications.
Building a more sustainable high-performance tire
DSM's Arnitel family of thermoplastic elastomers is helping tire manufacturers "reinvent the wheel" by developing non-pneumatic tires.