MAXAPAL® for egg processing
Benefits of MAXAPAL family
- Achieves firm texture and stability of sauces at high temperatures
- Provides creaminess and better, long-lasting mouthfeel
- Offers a new degree of freedom in formulating cold or warm sauces, dressings and mayonnaise
- Natural and non-animal derived
- Kosher and Halal certified.
This pure, non-animal derived phospholipase A2 enzyme offers:
- Increased heat stability and improved emulsification in sauces.
- Longer shelf life thanks to higher pasteurization temperature and increased firmness with less oil separation
- Less dependence on synthetic emulsifiers or thickeners because the product is firmer and thicker.
This special enzyme removes glucose from liquid egg before spray-drying to ensure:
- Increased food safety compared to other desugaring methods
- Less risk of micro-biological contaminations
- No special need for temperature control, which means faster desugaring
- No browning during drying and powder pasteurization
- Better taste.
Egg yolk contains approximetely 9% phospholipids. Due to the amphiphilic character of phospholipids, egg yolk is used in many food products based on oil-water emulsions (sauces, dressings, mayonnaise).
Maxapal®A2 is a liquid, purified, phospholipase A2 enzymes. Hydrolysis by Maxapal®A2 converts the phospholipid into a stable lysopholipid with strongly improved emulsifiying thermo stable properties.