Drug Delivery Materials
We can provide our resorbable materials in various forms, including:
Particles: We formulate microparticles and nanoparticles to meet a variety of delivery challenges. Particle size can be closely controlled with minimal variation. These forms can be delivered to a wide range of sites with broad applicability to different tissue types;
Rods: Our PEA delivery platform can be extruded to combine with difficult or less soluble active agents. The resulting fibers or rods can be injected for sustained local delivery. These forms offer high loading capacities and longer delivery times;
Film, electrospun mats: Our implantable films can deliver across a wide range of timeframes as needed – as can electrospun mats. Direct or laparoscopical implantation can be beneficial for surgical settings;
Coating: DSM resorbable PEA polymers are a good delivery mechanism for drug-eluting stents because they are suitable for coating onto metal and other substrates. Once implanted, the material can elute drug over time while it degrades. The release rate can be tightly controlled, enabling a wide range of functional medical devices from infection control on implants to delivery vehicles associated with long-term structural implants.
- Delivers small molecules and biologics; amino acid composition facilitates loading of biologics;
- Controlled degradation kinetics; enzymatic surface erosion instead of bulk erosion;
- Hydrolytically stable;
- Initial formulation and incorporation of therapeutic agent performed by in-house formulation experts;
- Tunable degradation/release profiles from days to multi-months;
- Flexibility in form – gels, mesh and film/coating;
- Broadly applicable across a variety of therapeutic compounds (small molecules to biologics);
- Designed and optimized for a specific compound or device;
- Biocompatible and non-inflammatory;
- FDA Master File.
- Drug delivery systems for delivery of pain, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial drugs and device combinations;
- Drug-eluting stents;
- Local sustained release of therapeutics to a wide range of tissues.
- Drug delivery systems customized for specific applications using a wide range of APIs.
- Sustained release ophthalmic drug delivery
DSM Biomedical materials are available only direct through DSM Biomedical.