What makes a good food product?
When buying food and beverages you should not have to worry about the quality of the products. The following should be guaranteed by the manufacturer:
- The product is safe, meaning that it is free of impurities and contaminants
- The source of the product and the origin of all its ingredients are known
- Tracking systems are in place to facilitate a swift and comprehensive products recall, should this ever be necessary
- The product is always readily available in the shops
- The product was produced in a sustainable and ethical manner
- If the product is of animal origin, it comes from a healthy animal which has been well treated and fed with safe animal feed
Food safety is vitally important. You want to be sure that your food is safe and wholesome. A careful watch needs to be kept over what goes into our food and how it is processed before being sold to us.
Globalization means that more people over a wider geographical distribution can be affected by food problems. Product traceability is therefore a vital component of food safety. Food businesses — whether they are producers, processors or importers — must ensure that products can be traced through the entire food chain, from farm to fork. All businesses must know their suppliers and be assured that these are implementing best practice regarding food safety.
We all have become accustomed to high quality products and tend to take basic food safety levels for granted. A number of recent and widely publicized cases of food contamination have, however, highlighted the importance of food safety. Manufacturers and consumers alike are paying heightened attention to this issue.
For DSM, quality assurance and food safety have always been at the top of the agenda. As the world’s leading manufacturer of ingredients for health and nutrition, DSM has its own definition of quality: Quality for Life™. It originates from our deep understanding of our customers’ needs and runs from product conception through manufacturing, all the way to after-sales support.
The Quality for Life™ seal underwrites our commitment to the highest standards of product safety. It is the mark of product quality, reliability and traceability. It means we aim to supply the very best ingredients, produced in a sustainable and ethical manner. You know where they come from, and you know you can depend on this source.
Quality for Life™ offers the peace of mind which only the highest safety standards can provide.