COVID-19 – Let’s Act
Updated daily. Use the contact form or send us an email to share your designs and initiatives.
Designs & Materials
Below is a list of designs and applications that the 3D printing community has been working on. For full details of applications as well as guidance from our materials experts on the ideal materials for the applications, please click here. And send us your designs to be added.
- Hands-free door opener
- Safe grabber for door handle
- Plastic face shield to cover full face
- Face shield
- Mouth mask
- Face mask
- Face masks
- Connector to create breathing device
- Venturi valve for Venturi Oxygen Mask
- Safety goggles
- Touch pods for fingers
- Pincers for collecting food/vegetables in grocery store
Looking to buy a material? Find a reseller/distributor of DSM materials
Looking to get parts 3D printed? Find a service bureau that prints DSM Somos® materials for stereolithography
- Makers Against Corona
- Matterhackers Connecting Hub
- Medical goes Additive
- Twikit Download Hub
- Ultimaker Printer Hub Network
- Ultimaker Design Support Request Form
- Standards issued by ASTM International
- FAQs issued by the FDA
- FAQs issued by the European Commission
- MIT Guidance for facbrication and Sterilization of COVID-19 PPE
- Practical hints for 3D printing components for ventilation systems
- Consider safety when 3D printing applications for COVID-19 that are in contact with skin
(1) We are listing 3rd party designs crediting the designer. In the essence of time, we may not yet have reached out to the designer. If (s)he does not wish their design to be included, we will remove upon simple request. Designs may not have been certified by any regulatory agency.
(2) Description of properties the material should have, and elements printers should consider. DSM material names are given as example. We’d be happy to add other material references upon request. DSM makes no representation or warranty for any conclusion as to the fitness for use in any particular application (purpose), nor accepts any liability in respect of this purpose. This summary does not prevent customer from, nor replaces accomplishment of all relevant testing pursuant legal and regulatory requirements.