Novamid® for 3D Printing
Air duct printed in Novamid® ID 1070
This open source filament material is a pure polyamide 6/polyamide 66, and was originally developed many years ago by our Engineering Plastics experts for demanding specialty applications often subjected to extreme heat.
Adjusted to 3D-print easily, Novamid® filaments bring a unique combination of properties, including outstanding stiffness and ductility, across a range of applications - from transportation, to sports and electronics. Their optimized crystallization profile improves fusion, enabling parts with excellent interlayer strength and high surface quality.
And it’s now available in a carbon fiber grade for structural parts with high dimensional stability and no warpage, in high performance applications.
Like all DSM additive manufacturing materials, Novamid® is supported by an experienced team of additive manufacturing application experts dedicated to helping you get the very most from your material.
Our Novamid® Family for 3D Printing:
UL Blue Card certified PA6/66 filament for Fused Deposition Modeling/Fused Filament Fabrication 3D printing:
- Automotive connectors
- Electric and electronic connectors and enclosures
- Lighting enclosures
PA6/66 material for durable applications requiring good mechanical properties:
- Electronics - Benchtop assembly jigs, custom parts specific storage
- Sports & lifestyle
Novamid® ID1030 CF10
10% Carbon reinforced; prints as fast and easy as an unreinforced material. For applications such as:
- End-use automotive (under-the-hood) and motorsports
- Aerospace, railway
- Robust performance tools, jigs & fixtures, electronics
- Sports & lifestyle e.g. shoe lasts
PA6 material for high temperature resistant applications in harsh environments:
- Automotive - Air intake parts, door handles, engine covers, radiator grills, etc.
- Electronics tools and parts - Circuit breakers, connectors, tubes for wiring, cable protectors, etc.
- Sports - Ski binders etc.