Somos® DMX SL-100 for hollow composite tooling. Creating structural impact.
Somos® DMX-SL™ 100 is a unique material for creating 3D printed sacrificial tooling for a wide range of applications, from automotive parts to consumer products to electronics and healthcare. It produces very accurate parts with a superb surface finish and outstanding feature detail.
Somos® DMX-SL™ 100 withstands the extreme temperatures of the autoclave process utilized in composites manufacturing, maintaining its flexural strength, elongation and tear resistance.
But where it really breaks the mold is in the speed, efficiency and design freedom it brings. It’s all based on a unique ‘dry removal’ process that enables mandrels to be removed from complex and convoluted geometries after the autoclave without the need for submersion in caustic (which can affect the composite part).
As a result, manufacturers have more design freedom to create the most complex hollow composite parts in days – rather than weeks or sometimes even months.
- Stereolithography accuracy
- Extreme durability
- Stiff & tough parts
- Greater design freedom
- High feature detail and smooth finish
- Faster part design.
- Automotive & Transportation: ducts, pipes and conduits, high-end automotive intake pipes, fluid-holding tanks, electric vehicle (EV) battery cooling solutions.
- Consumer products: sports and leisure goods, luxury goods, interior design.
- Electronics: bespoke light-weight enclosures, complex wiring looms, robotic components.
- Healthcare: precision-molded internals for prosthetics.
Access the Somos® DMX SL-100 User Guide to get a complete overview of how best to handle, process and post-process the material.