Somos® PerFORM Reflect for PIV aerodynamics testing
In Formula One, typically a car body is printed at 60% of its normal size for simulation purposes and checked with particle imaging velocimetry (PIV) in critical areas.
Somos® PerFORM Reflect is a new and unique DSM stereolithography material developed specifically for 3D printing parts for wind tunnel testing with PIV. With this innovation DSM again sets a standard in enabling faster aerodynamic design optimizations - in motorsports and beyond.
Somos® PerFORM Reflect produces strong, stiff, high-temperature resistant composite parts that are ideal for wind tunnel testing.
Extensive tests show that the new Somos® PerFORM Reflect reduces post-processing by more than 30% as it eliminates the need for additional PIV coatings. This translates into faster data collection, decreasing overall lead time per design iteration and allowing customers to conduct iterations faster.
- Ready-to-use material for PIV wind tunnel testing
- Faster image processing, higher accuracy wind tunnel models
- >30% reduction in post-processing time
- Excellent detail resolution
- Improved surface quality, faster part finishing
- Superior high heat properties
- Wind tunnel testing for aerodynamic design optimization
- High-temperature testing
- Electrical casings
- Automotive housings
Access the Somos® PerFORM Reflect User Guide to get a complete overview of how best to handle, process and post-process the material.