Novamid® ID1030 CF10
Stiffer and tougher parts with Novamid® ID1030 CF10
Novamid® ID1030 CF10 is a new carbon fiber filled PA6/66 copolymer filament for 3D printing durable structural parts with high dimensional stability and no warpage. Despite the low carbon fiber loading of 10% – much lower than most carbon filled materials – Novamid® ID1030 CF10 enables parts that are stronger, stiffer and tougher parts with higher tensile strength and modulus.
Designed especially for 3D printing, its excellent mechanical properties and smooth appearance make it ideal for a very broad range of demanding, structural applications that require robust performance possibly at elevated temperatures.
The material can be printed on standard desktop fused filament fabrication (FFF) machines with a hardened nozzle. Tests have shown that users can run their printers at the same speed as with unreinforced plastics, while achieving considerably better strength and toughness.
“Can deliver the performance needed for professional use”
After testing Novamid® ID1030 CF10 on an Ultimaker S5
Key Benefits for 3D Printing
- 3D prints as easy and fast as unreinforced plastics
- For parts with properties close to what is usually achievable only by injection molding
- Durable parts with good mechanical properties due to high inter-layer strength
- Made from DSM Novamid® copolyamide PA6/66, which is used in automotive and electronics for many years
- HDT of 184ºC at 1.8MPa
- Very low warpage compared to unfilled PA
- Characteristic matte black surface-finish with less roughness
- Automotive under-the-hood applications
- Protective and supporting sports gear
- High performance functional parts
- Manufacturing jigs and fixtures
- Medical braces and prosthetics
- Light weight applications
- Applications requiring durable and stiff parts with good mechanical properties
Tested on open FFF platforms
Including the new Ultimaker S5 and GermanRepRap
Novamid® ID1030 CF10 is available in black and comes in 2.85 and 1.75 diameters.