life’sOMEGA™ product benefits
life'sOMEGA™ from algae is a vegetarian source of EPA/DHA omega-3s. It’s produced, from start to finish in an FDA-inspected facility with controls in place to ensure the highest quality. life'sOMEGA™ comes from non-genetically modified algal source and is produced using the same methods as life’sDHA, the trusted choice used in over 99% of infant formulas in the US.
What are Omega-3s?
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential nutrients found in fish and certain plant oils. They include ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). Of the three, EPA and DHA help support heart health as well as normal growth and development.
Heart health benefits
EPA/DHA omega-3s are a key component of the heart and is important for heart health throughout life. More specifically they:
- Promote cardiovascular health
- Are heart-healthy nutrients
Why choose life’sOMEGA™?
- Wide consumer appeal: vegetarian, kosher, halal and major allergen-free
- Over 20,000 published papers supporting the health benefits of omega-3s
- Versatility: suitable for food, beverage, infant formula and dietary supplement applications
- Renewable Source: produced in FDA-inspected facilities with controlled production which produces a highly concentrated, consistent product
- Trusted part of the life’s family of products
Algal DHA oil
life’sOMEGA™ algal DHA+EPA oil
The fishless fish oil! Derived from algae, this EPA/DHA omega-2 rich oil can be incorporated into a variety of foods, beverages and supplements with no impact on stability or sensory characteristics.
Vegetarian EPA/DHA Supplement Opportunities
life’sOMEGA™ oils can be added to a variety of supplements – from softgels to gummies – providing consumers with an easy way to add omega-3s to their diet. The unique vegetarian source of lifesOMEGA provides a differientiating feature for customers who are seeking alternatives to their trusted fish oil products.
life’sOMEGA™ Food & Beverage Opportunities
life’sOMEGA™ has been successfully incorporated into many applications, providing product differentiation and added value in food categories,that include:
- Dairy products
- Extrusion products
- Processed meat.
life’sOMEGA™ remains stable when subjected to thermal processing conditions such as:
- Pasteurization: UHT, HTST, Batch
- Retorting: Static Continuous
- Extruding/Cooking (extreme)
- Drying: Tunnel, spray, drum, etc
- Freeze drying
- Mixing/High shear
- Fermenting: pH changes