Dental: Patient oriented solutions in the dental field
Supporting tissue and bone growth
Our expertise allows us to create and manufacture dental devices using both synthetic and natural resorbable materials, as well as machined metal implants.
DSM resorbable synthetic and natural membranes are capable of supporting soft tissue growth and preventing encroachment of soft tissue into protective spaces around implants. Using the principles of Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR), DSM membranes separate a bony defect from overlying soft tissues in order to create an unrestrained space in which new bone growth can occur. Our bone void fillers can increase bone volume and facilitate bone growth for successful ridge augmentation. Additionally, we have the ability to precisely machine metallic dental implants within the tolerances required.
Using DSM’s Dental Membranes, surgeons can guide precisely how new boney tissue and soft tissue regenerates, allowing bone to grow where bone is desired and similarly allowing soft tissue to grow where soft tissue is required. Traditionally, such barrier membranes would require a second surgery to have them removed, once the desired effect had been achieved. Since the DSM Dental Membranes are biocompatible, non-pyrogenic and resorbable, they break down naturally over time, so there’s no need for a second visit to the oral surgeon to have it removed.
- Bone augmentation
- Bone void fillers
- Regenerative medicine
- GTR & GBR
Bioceramics technology - More>
- Calcium phosphates (α-TCP, ß-TCP, MCPM)
- Resorbable/ceramic composites (PLA, PGA, PCL)
- Multiple configurations (powders, granules, porous shapes, settable pastes, settable putties, anorganic bone)
Collagen materials and technology - More>
- Purified collagen
- Solution and slurry processing
- Collagen blending and compounding
- Multiple configurations (sheets, putties, injectables, gels, three dimensional shapes, coatings, fibers, and powders)
Extracellular matrix (ECM) materials and technology - More>
- Purified ECM sheets & powders
Polymers and metals processing technology - More>
- Resorbable materials [Polylactide (PLA), Polylactide-co-glycolide (PLGA), Polycaprolactone (PCL), Polycarbonate (e.g. TMC)]
- Non resorbable materials (PEEK, TPU)
- Implant-grade metals ( titanium, stainless steel)