True Texas Scramble:
There are many variations of the ‘scramble’ game; at the DSM Golf Tournament we will play the true format:
- A team consists of four (or three) players. Each team competes against all other teams.
- Each player in the group drives at every tee. Hereafter the team decides which tee shot it likes best and uses that one.
- All players play their second shot from the position of the chosen drive. They place the ball within one club length from the selected position, however, not nearer to the hole. In case the chosen ball is a bunker or other hazard, the other balls should be dropped in the same hazard, not nearer to the hole.
- When all players have played their second shot the best shot is again selected until the hole is finished.
Note! If the selected ball is in the rough or in a bunker, golf balls shall be dropped (not placed) in the rough or in the bunker.
- The method explained above will be repeated until the ball is on the green.
- On the green the same method applies. The selected ball is marked a putter head length away and the players putt from the same spot in turn. Each potential next ball is marked after each putting attempt. This sequence is repeated until the ball is in the hole. The team captain scores the round, counting the number of strokes used.
- Each player on the team MUST have a minimal number of drives counted during the round. ‘Counted’ means that from each member a minimal number of positions must be selected to hit the second shot from.
- For teams with four members the minimal number of selected drives is 4. For teams with three members the minimal number is 5.
There is only one score per hole, the team score. No individual score.
- Handicaps are not used during play, they are only used to compare teams and to define ‘team handicaps’. The DSM Golf champion is the team with the lowest nett team score.
- The team captain will be responsible for his team to play according the rules of the game and will make sure his team will not delay play.