Brighter Living Solutions
Measurably better impact on the planet and people
A product life cycle approach is used to determine if products and innovations are Brighter Living Solutions. This evaluates the product life cycle from raw material extraction, via production, manufacturing, transport and use, all the way to end of life and recycling. Environmental and social differentiators can be created in all stages of the product life cycle.
Examples of drivers that support the development of Brighter Living Solutions include:
- Resources: efficient use, use of waste streams, avoiding scarce materials
- Land use: higher yield with same land, use of waste streams
- Water: more efficient, reducing water waste
- Energy: energy efficiency, application of renewable energy
- Emissions: reduced or avoided greenhouse gas emissions, small air particles
- Health condition: improved health condition of end users, risk reduction of diseases
- Comfort and wellbeing: improved perceived comfort & wellbeing, reduced noise, smell
- Working conditions: improved working conditions, health and safety, fair wages, equal opportunities
- Community development: job creation in the regions, improved infrastructure, education
Brighter Living Solutions contribute to DSM’s sustainable growth platforms and sustainable operations and by engaging its value chains, networks and partnerships, DSM is driving sustainable markets with a beneficial impact for all.