Biogarde® & Bioghurt® cultures
Create mild and creamy dairy – just as nature intended
Dairy cultures suitable for organic dairy
As the trend for a milder, more subtle yoghurt flavor continues to grow among health-conscious consumers, our Biogarde® and Bioghurt® cultures offer manufacturers a genuine competitive advantage. Take advantage of both known brands and label your organic dairy!
Not only do these dairy cultures deliver a wonderfully mild, clean and smooth flavor in organic yoghurt and quark, but the latest Biogarde® and Bioghurt Direct-Vat Cultures (DVC) range can be added directly to the milk vat during processing, greatly improving your efficiency.
What’s more, because of their low post-acidification profile, these cultures have excellent shelf life stability in organic yoghurt compared to traditional equivalents.
A proven dairy concept you can trust
While the trend for health & wellness may be relatively new, the science behind Biogarde® and Bioghurt is long-proven. Both are established yoghurt brands in their own right across Northern Europe (especially in Germany and the Netherlands) and were created by the respected German scientist Joseph Schwaiger back in 1956.
More than 60 years later our team at DSM is continuing his great work in enabling you to produce healthier food for everyone.
- Cultures with health appeal, perfectly fitting to consumers need.
- Cultures with a smooth creamy flavor suitable for organic dairy.
- When the dairy product is produced according to the organic production principle, the dairy product can be labeled as Biogarde® or Bioghurt®.
- The brands are supported onlineCan be added direct to milk for easy processing.
- Excellent shelf-life stability.
- Strong brand recognition (Germany, Nl), supported by a consumer website.
- All supported by an expert application team.
The difference between the two cultures is the composition f the bacteria present in the cultures. Biogarde® and Bioghurt® consists of a craft blend of Lactobacillus acidophilus or Lactobacillus johnsonii, Streptococcus thermophilus and optional Bifidobacterium animalis ssp lactis. Biogarde® always included bifidobacteria.