DSM hosts first Swine Nutrition Science Seminar at China Animal Nutrition Center
Dr. Marcel Wubbolts, Chief Technology Officer at DSM, opened the scientific seminar, which included four presentations from international experts in the field of animal nutrition and a talk from the winner of the DSM Science & Technology Award Asia – China Nutrition 2014:
- Prof. Hans Stein from University of Illinois (USA) presented new developments in phosphorus nutrition in pigs.
- Dr. Yves Nys, from the French National Institute for Agricultural Research (France), spoke about adapting mineral nutrition of swine and poultry for optimizing environment and product quality.
- Prof. Wu De from Sichuan Agriculture University (China) discussed the latest developments in sow nutrition research.
- Dr. Gilbert Weber, Corporate Scientist at DSM, presented the research behind the Optimum Vitamin Nutrition (OVN) concept for swine.
- In recognition of her exceptional contribution to the field of animal nutrition, Dr. Na Dong presented her PhD thesis on Study on molecular design, biological activity and antibacterial mechanisms of β-sheet antimicrobial peptide.
The speakers gave comprehensive overviews of recent developments in the field of animal nutrition and its importance in protecting both the environment and product quality. After the presentation, visitors were taken on a tour of the new state of the art China Animal Nutrition Center, opened in May 2014.