Heerlen, NL, 29 Sep 2011 09:30 CEST
Royal DSM, the global Life Sciences and Materials Sciences company, will update the financial community at its annual Capital Markets Days today and tomorrow on the progress made with its DSM in Motion: driving focused growth strategy. The company also confirms its 2011 outlook.
Feike Sijbesma, CEO and Chairman of the DSM Managing Board, commented: “Against a backdrop of increased uncertainties related to the global economy, our completed transformation into a Life Sciences and Materials Sciences company has positioned DSM well with a balanced, relatively resilient portfolio in health, nutrition and materials. We are making good progress in executing our strategy and we are on track to achieve our 2013 targets.”
During today’s conference, DSM will update the investment community on progress made with DSM in motion: driving focused growth. This strategy marks the shift from an era of intensive portfolio transformation to a strategy for the coming years of maximizing sustainable and profitable growth of ‘the new DSM’. The company believes good progress is being made towards achieving the EBITDA target of €1.4 to 1.6 billion in 2013, in conjunction with a ROCE of more than 15%.
The following information will be given:
- DSM is on track in achieving its ambitious financial targets for 2013 and 2015
- DSM reports good progress towards achieving its sustainability aspirations, recently it was named once again the supersector leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Nutrition: good progress is achieved with the integration and profit growth of Martek; the strong Swiss Franc impacts the results of the cluster also in Q3; the cluster is on track regarding its growth strategy
- Pharma: the just established DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals-JV aims to increase its sales to > €600 million with an EBITDA margin > 15% by 2015; a partnership for DPP is being pursued
- Performance Materials: strong growth is based on innovative sustainable solutions enhanced by selective acquisitions & partnerships
- Polymer Intermediates: will further strengthen its global leadership position; 2nd production line in China is being built
- Bio-based Products & Services: with number one position in yeast and top 3 position in enzymes DSM is well positioned for 2nd generation (cellulosic) bio-ethanol; a large scale bio-based succinic acid plant is under construction
- Biomedical: continued strong growth (> 15% per year) anticipated
- DSM confirms outlook: 2011 is expected to be a strong year; good progress towards achieving the 2013 targets, assuming no major changes to the overall business assumptions for the full year