Heerlen, NL, 25 Sep 2017 08:15 CEST
Royal DSM, a global science company active in health, nutrition and materials, today updates investors on its progress on Strategy 2018, “Driving Profitable Growth” at its annual Investor Event in The Hague (Netherlands):
- EBITDA and ROCE outlook for 2017 confirmed
- DSM aims to continue to deliver against its strategic targets in 2018
- DSM brings forward its regular strategic review process for the period beyond 2018 and expects to share the conclusions before the summer of 2018
Feike Sijbesma, CEO and Chairman of the DSM Managing Board, commented: “DSM is successfully executing its Strategy 2018, “Driving Profitable Growth”, announced in 2015. We have significantly improved operational and financial performance, with all businesses delivering on their ambitious growth initiatives and we are well on track with our cost-reduction and efficiency improvement programs.
Furthermore, we have successfully divested Patheon ahead of schedule, realizing total proceeds of approximately €2 billion and we are making good progress with our focused innovation program.
With all of these developments ahead of plan we decided to bring forward our regular strategic review process for the period beyond 2018 and anticipate communicating the results before the summer of 2018.”
Highlights of today’s investor updates
- DSM will address the attractive growth profile of all its businesses, highlighting:
- The strong alignment with long term market-trends.
- How the businesses can continue to outperform markets, through ambitious growth initiatives, including the development of new markets as well as the creation of new innovative sustainable products and solutions.
- How the combination of focus on higher margin growth opportunities and the continued execution of operational excellence programs, will further enhance margins and profitability in coming years.
- DSM confirms its EBITDA and ROCE outlook for 2017 as communicated with the Q2 financial results despite today’s slightly less favorable exchange rates: “DSM expects to deliver full-year 2017 results above the targets set out in its Strategy 2018, with an EBITDA growth for the year moving slightly up from high single-digit to double digit, and with a ROCE increase moving from double digit basis points to over 100 basis points.”
- DSM aims to continue to deliver in 2018 against its Strategy 2018 “Driving Profitable Growth”, with full commitment to its growth initiatives as well as its cost-reduction and efficiency improvement programs.
- Given the implementation of Strategy 2018 progressing well, and the delivery of financial results significantly ahead of the strategic targets, as well as the cash proceeds from Patheon coming earlier than expected, DSM will bring forward its regular strategic review process for the period beyond 2018 and aims to communicate the conclusions before the summer of 2018.
Today’s presentations will be published on this website at 14.15 CET and there will be an audio webcast of the event from 14.15 - 19.15 CET.