DSM updates market on strategy progress at Capital Markets Days
Feike Sijbesma, CEO and Chairman of the DSM Managing Board, said: “While we remain cautious on the near-term macro-economic outlook, the robustness of our portfolio reinforces our confidence that DSM’s strategic focus will continue to create value for shareholders and other stakeholders. Our recent acquisitions demonstrate that we are delivering on our strategy by investing in new, exciting growth opportunities. We continue to execute our strategy to achieve stronger, more stable growth and profitability for DSM overall. We are leveraging our geographic footprint with our strong position in high growth economies, while developing sustainable innovative solutions that address key global megatrends.”
During the two-day conference in Basel, Switzerland, DSM will update the investment community on progress made with its strategic plans announced in 2010: DSM in motion: driving focused growth. This growth strategy marks the shift to an expanded portfolio of higher value businesses and a more attractive geographic spread, to create value by providing solutions for compelling long-term megatrends.
The following will be discussed today:
- The Nutrition portfolio reached approximately € 4.4 billion in annual net sales and approximately 67% of total EBITDA in 2012 H1 on a pro-forma basis when including the acquisitions of Ocean Nutrition Canada and Tortuga
- Significant progress in new growth platforms: the cellulosic biofuels joint venture with POET in Bio-based Products & Services and the acquisition of Kensey Nash in Biomedical
- Confirmation of the outlook for 2012 as provided at DSM’s Q2 results announcement
- Progress on the 2013 profitability targets, with EBITDA growing to approximately € 1.4 billion
- The Profit Improvement Program which includes structural cost reductions and other initiatives to generate € 150 million in EBITDA benefits by 2014
- Progress towards achieving the 2015 targets and aspirations
- Progress on the 2015 sustainability targets, with DSM again being recognized as a leader in the chemical industry sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
On Friday, the presentations will be entirely dedicated to DSM’s Nutrition activities in order to provide deeper insights into these businesses and their value drivers.
Webcast & Media
The Capital Markets Days event will start with a media conference at 08.30 CET. The analyst conference will begin at 15.00 CET. Today’s conferences can both be followed live via audio webcast from 8.30 to 12.00 CET and from 15.00 to 18.15 CET. The presentations will be made available for download at the start of the conferences. For a link see the Investors section on www.dsm.com.